SUMMARY of the 24th International Network Meeting
for the Treatment of Psychosis 2019
Warsaw, Poland 28.08. - 1.09.2019
The 24th International Network Meeting in Warsaw is over but its results are leaving in our minds and hearts! I do hope that you came home with positive experiences which gave you energy to undertake new challenges in daily work.
Our Polish team is very happy that so many people (200+) from all over the world have met in Warsaw to strengthen an international community.
Let me remind you what has happened from Wednesday (28.08.) till Sunday (1.09.):
- Wednesday: Pre-seminar with prof Jaakko Seikkula and life OD session
- Thursday-Clinical Day: three turns of workshops with topics defined the day before; in the afternoon walk through Łazienki Park with the guide; evening dinner on the terrace of the Royal castle
- Friday-Open Day: you have met the precursors of OD in Poland and learned how international team helped us to gather best practices from Finland, Norway, Germany and Italy and set up Community Mental Health Centers with OD as “the heart”
- Saturday- Research Day: a few presentations followed by workshops; in the evening gala dinner followed by dancing party
- Sunday: after summary session it was time to say Good buy!
The keynote speakers at the Open Day were:
prof Jaakko Seikkula - “Open dialogue in the new era of mental health care”.
dr n. med Werner Schuetze - "Reaching hands across the borders - introducing OD into Poland"
Magnus P. Hald - “Trying to apply network thinking in a drug-free treatment program”
Pina Ridente - “Human rights and community mental health care in Triest: sharing dialogues"
Izabela Ciuńczyk - “How it is to be the pioneer of mental health system reform - shines and shadows”
dr. med. Rolf Michels - “Implementing principles of Open Dialogue in a psychiatric department of GH".
You can watch all presentations on YouTube Films from Open Day 30.08.2019
You can look as well at the interviews with the keynote speakers and Polish leaders of the Mental Health reform Interviews with the speakers
Moreover, you can download the PP presentations here
We hope to meet you next year in Lithuania!
Regina, Wojtek, Maria and Krzysztof
Polski Instytut Otwartego Dialogu
The Organizers of the Meeting
Polish Institute of Open Dialogue
Leadership Management Polska Ltd
EZRA Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University in Warsaw Ltd
Foundation for the Promotion of Social Development “Leonardo”
The Psychology Institute, Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University in Warsaw
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org